I love fall. It’s always been my favorite season. I can feel the anticipation building as the days get shorter, and in the middle of the heat we have become accustomed to over the long summer, we have a week of cooler temperatures, giving us hope that relief is coming. Some of my favorite things about fall?
1. Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks! Need I say more? Pure awesomeness!
2. A new school year. I have always felt that this, more than New Year, is the appropriate time for resolutions. A hold over from my own school days, I still feel a twinge of excitement each September.
3. Football! I love watching football, love cheering on my favorite teams, and love the good-natured arguments about who’s team is better at work.
4. The leaves changing. Maryland has beautiful trees, and by the middle of October, has the most awesome colors. Gorgeous to look at, fun to take walks in crunching leaves under our feet, even more fun to rake into piles for the kids to jump in.
5. Spice cookies. When I was a little girl, I called these October cookies, because that was the only time we had them. One sniff, and I am instantly six years old again.
6. The clothes. I adore sweaters! They are, without a doubt my favorite things to wear. And boots. I love boots, too.
7. Bonfires. The smell, the sounds, toasting marshmallows, telling ghost stories. One of my favorite things to do with my friends.
8. New episodes of my favorite shows. Gray’s Anatomy, Glee, awesome!
9. Halloween. Never was a big fan of Halloween until I had children. Now I love seeing how excited they are picking costumes, and trick-or-treating. We have a lot of traditions for Halloween, from what we eat for dinner, to what neighborhoods we make sure to visit.
10. Getting ready for the holidays. Yes, I stress out about Christmas every year. Yes, I work in retail so it’s insane every night. I still love the holidays.
What are your favorite things about fall?