Since I am now in my “emotional cripple” phase and really don’t want to explore that anymore than absolutely necessary, thankyouverymuch, I found this online and thought it would be fun. You should do it too!
1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? Um, depends on the day I guess, recently an immature 2 at best, usually, probably close to my real age.
2. Which is worse, failing or never trying? Probably never trying, but that doesn’t mean I think you should try in every situation.
3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do? Lot’s of reasons, money, obligations, responsibilities
4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done? Wow, yeah probably…I should change that though.
5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world? I would make people embrace differences and diversity
6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? Something that was important, probably with children
7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
Depends on how this is meant. If doing is work, then definitely, I’m settling.
8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? Wow, well Im 41, so I guess I would be living like every day was a gift at this point.
9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? I don’t think I controlled it at all for a long time. I’m trying really hard to change that now.
10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? Hmm, I worry about both! Probably more about doing things right though.
11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do? I would defend my friend.
12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? Always be true to yourself.
13. Would you break the law to save a loved one? without question
14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity? I don’t think you can have one without the other.
15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people? Um, I always stir my coffee 5 times. Always.
16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy? I guess because we are all different, but it would be great if they could wouldnt it?
17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back? There is a phone call that I REALLY want to make, but making it could disrupt a lot of peoples lives.
18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of? Haha, uh, yeah!
19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why? Probably Oregon. Because it beautiful, and more environmentally friendly.
20. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? Yes, I do, and no, I don’t. So I don’t know why I do it. Don’t judge me.
21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? A joyful simpleton. Joyful sounds fun.
22. Why are you, you? Because if I wasn’t who would be?
23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? I hope so.
24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you? Wow, not sure which is worse. Both hurt like hell.
25. What are you most grateful for? My kids. Even when they piss me off.
26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones? See, the Buddhist in me should say that old memories mean nothing and to live in the now, but I couldn’t give up my old memories
27. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first? I’m sure its possible, but I always challenge
28. Has your greatest fear ever come true? Yes.
29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now? Yes. They all mattered.
30. What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special? No specific memory, just remember the security that comes with childhood.
31. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive? This past summer when I took control of my life
32. If not now, then when? Now. Now or Never
33. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose? Sometimes everything.
34. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever? Absolutely! I have been fortunate to know several amazing people with that ability.
35. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars? They don’t accept anyones values or beliefs other than their own
36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil? In extreme cases, yes. I think that there is a lot of grey area between the two however.
37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job? Hell yes!! I would find one that meant something though, I wouldn’t just not work.
38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing? More work I enjoy doing. Hard work doesn’t scare me, boredom does.
39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before? Sadly, yes
40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in? August 27, 2009
41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today? Well this question just sucks! Guess I would have to make the a fore mentioned phone call.
42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous? No. When I was younger I might have said yes, but not now.
43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living? Living honestly
44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right? When you know longer have a choice.
45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake? Cause mistakes are painful and hurt like hell. Duh!
46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? Everything!
47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing? On the track
48. What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love? I love my kids, and I really hope that my actions express that, because everything I do is for them.
49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that? In some form, yes. It all matters.
50. Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you? I make them, because of others, or for the best interest of others, but I make my own decisions, for better or worse.